We are lucky enough to have friends with amazing gardens so in years, like this one, where we don’t get it together enough to plant our stuff in time, we can get some fantastic produce. This was a particularly fun day, my son got a fun afternoon playing with a puppy in a huge yard and they came home with zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes and eggs. Yum.
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
3 medium cucumbers, diced
3 medium tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled (or feta)
salt to taste (start with 1/4 teaspoon if using a salty cheese)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cucumbers and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Pour dressing over tomato-cucumber mixture.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese and stir gently to combine.
- Serve with a slotted spoon and enjoy!
It’s also good on seared tuna.