I made this salad to surprise my husband last week. He loved it and ate nearly the entire salad himself. I would suggest doubling the recipe if you are feeding more than 2 people unless you’re planning on having this as a side salad. There is a lot of bacon in this salad because I love the texture and flavor it adds but feel free to use less if you’re not as keen on it as we are. Also, I used peeled and deveined shrimp and removed the tails prior to cooking. I did this only to make eating the salad easier.
Shrimp and Bacon Salad
4 slices bacon, diced
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled & deveined, tails removed if desired
1 bag mixed salad greens (4 cups)
1 nice ripe tomato, chopped or a handful of grape/cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 recipe Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Fry diced bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- When bacon is cooked to your preferred degree of crispiness, remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add shrimp to bacon fat in pan and cook until done, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cooked shrimp from pan using a slotted spoon and place in salad bowl.
- Add mixed greens, bacon and chopped tomatoes to salad bowl on top of shrimp.
- Drizzle dressing on top of greens and toss gently until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately.