I don’t really like BLT Sandwiches, but as a salad, you betcha. I think the sandwich always ends up soggy. You get the best of both worlds when you serve this salad with toasty bread on the side. If, for some crazy reason, you don’t like blue cheese, this would also work with feta.
3 cups lettuce, washed and torn
1 tablespoon vinegar (I like white balsamic, red wine or sherry vinegar for this)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
2 medium tomatoes, sliced in to wedges
1/4 cup plus 1 heaping tablespoon crumbled blue or feta cheese
- Put lettuce in serving bowl
- In a 2 cup measuring cup or small bowl, mix vinegar, oil, salt, pepper until combined into the dressing.
- Toss lettuce with the dressing.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the cheese in with the lettuce.
- Arrange the tomatoes and bacon on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle with remaining blue cheese, serve and enjoy!