My brother passed this dressing along to me and it is unbelievably tasty. I can’t say where he came across the recipe for this amazing dressing but I can tell you it’s definitely worth a try. Use a good quality vinegar for the best results.
1 shallot, minced
1 T sherry vinegar
2-3 t cream
- In the bottom of your salad bowl, steep the minced shallot in vinegar for at least 15 minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve, add lettuce. I love this with butter lettuce.
- Toss shallot/vinegar mixture with lettuce until fully coated.
- Add cream 1 t at a time, tossing in between additions. It doesn’t take more than 2-3 t for this to come together.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.